Integrative Psychotherapy, Arts Therapy and Counselling in Waterloo and Sydenham, South East London
Natalie Kennedy (AdvDip, BA (hons), PGDip, MA, UKCP, HCPC, MBACP)
My name is Natalie and I am an Integrative Psychotherapist, Arts Therapist and Counsellor. I have worked with children, young people and adults for over 10 years. I see adult clients in my practices in Waterloo and Sydenham, and children, young people and carers/parents across London, Kent and Essex with Local Authorities or Fostering Agencies. I also run courses and training in London and the home counties.
Due to Covid 19 I am currently working online, although I have offices in Waterloo and Sydenham in South East London. Please contact me for further details.
Many people come to counselling and psychotherapy because they are anxious or lonely or depressed and want to 'get rid' of those feelings, and yet no matter what they do, 'they' won't go. Meeting with someone who listens to what you are saying (and perhaps what you cannot say yet), can help to change the intensity of those feelings.
As an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor, I have a range of approaches that I can draw upon so I can tailor the way I work with each person. I believe that everyone has an inherent wisdom, that often gets 'papered' over by their experiences in life. By offering a confidential and non-judgemental environment, I will work with you to reconnect to that part of you, so you can begin to make the changes you want to live a more fulfilled, creative and enlivened life.
I have a particular interest in understanding the unconscious dynamics at play in relationships, as well as the impact of the systems (e.g. familial, socio – economic, cultural and historical) that we live within and which influence the formation of our identity, and how that is impacted when people leave their country of origin to live somewhere else.
I am experienced in helping clients who have difficulties with :
- = Life after being fostered in the care system
- Developing healthy relationships with family, loved ones, work colleagues or friends
- Recovering from one trauma or a series of incidents over time.
- Re-framing life after a serious or chronic illness
- Trying to build a life in a country that isn't your birth home
- Mid life and not knowing what to do next
- Trying to understand and interrupt problems passed on from one generational to another
- Loss of someone close or feelings of 'happiness', 'contentment' or 'faith'
- Artists whose creativity has become 'blocked', 'stuck' or 'lost'
- Panic Attacks
- Loss and bereavement
- Depression, and
My psychotherapy and counselling rooms are located in Waterloo and in Sydenham in South East London, within easy reach of London Bridge, City of London, Elephant and Castle, Southbank, Lewisham, Brockley, Crystal Palace, Beckenham and Bromley.